UBE offers total solution of APIs & intermediates manufacture.
- UBE supports your projects from development stage to commercial phase.
- UBE's experienced process chemists and engineers establish the optimal manufacturing process.
- UBE also develops and validates test methods upon request.
- UBE manufactures your clinical APIs & intermediates under contract to support your drug development.
- UBE prepares and submits filing documents (e.g. drug master files (DMFs)) upon request.
- UBE provides a stable supply of your compounds after launch utilizing reactors of considerable capacity.
- UBE's manufacturing is controlled based on the current good manufacturing practices (cGMP). UBE had pre-approval inspections (PAI) by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Our latest PAI was in April 2008.
FDA Inspections Track Record
UBE had pre-approval inspections (PAI) by US-FDA, and the customer's products were approved.
|2002||Advanced Intermediate (PAI)|
UBE also has a variety of inspections and audits by regulatory authorities in Japan as well as a lot of pharmaceutical customers in the US, Europe, and Japan.
DMFs Filing Record
UBE prepares and submits filing documents (e.g. drug master files (DMFs)) upon request.
|1998||API for human drug (IND)||1998~||API for animal drug (NDA)||1993||API for human drug|
|1998||Intermediate for human drug (NDA)||1995||API for human drug|
|1999||Intermediate for animal drug (NDA)||2000||API for human drug|
|2000||API for human drug (IND)||2003||API for human drug|
|2004||API for human drug (IND)|
Factory and process R&D are located in the same single site of Ube city, Yamaguchi prefecture, Japan. Technical transfer from pilot to commercial is done in the same single site.
The APIs produced in UBE are all new original drugs for the original pharmaceutical companies in the US, Europe, and Japan.
No.1 API Plant (cGMP/ API)
|Reactor||4,000L (2 units)||Glass lined|
|Separator, Dryer||Centrifuge||36inch (2 units)||Teflon® lined*1|
|Centrifuge||36inch (2 units)||SUS316L|
|Conical dryer||1,500L||Glass lined|
|Distillation column||Sulzer 4,000H (2 units)||SUS316|
No.2 API Plant Train-1 (cGMP/ API)
|Reactor||4,000L (3 units)||Glass lined|
|Separator, Dryer||Centrifuge||42inch (2 units)||Teflon® lined*1|
|Filter||1m2 (2 units)||SUS316|
|Conical dryer||3,000L (2 units)||Glass lined|
No.2 API Plant Train-2 (cGMP/ Intermediates)
|8,000L (4 units)||Glass lined|
|8,000L (2 units)||SUS316|
|Conical dryer||3,000L||Glass lined|
No.3 API Plant (cGMP/ Intermediates)
|Reactor||8,000L (2 units)||Glass lined|
|15,000L (3 units)||Glass lined|
|Separator, Dryer||Centrifuge||48inch||Teflon® lined*1|
|Conical dryer||6,000L||Glass lined|
Pilot Plant (cGMP/ API & Intermediates)
Total of 3 lines (Train-A, B, C)
|Reactor||2,000L (5 units)||Glass lined|
|500L (2 units)||Glass lined|
|High pressure ( ~ 0.7 MPa)||2,600L||Stainless steel|
|Max blend type||2,000L||Glass lined|
|Low temperature (-90 ~ 90 °C)||500L||Stainless steel|
|Separator, Dryer||Centrifuge||42inch||Teflon® lined*1|
|Filter||0.3m2 (2 units)||Glass lined|
|Filter dryer||0.2m2||Hastelloy® C-22*2|
|Tray dryer||9.2m2||Stainless steel|
|Vibrating dryer||240 L||Titanium lined|
|Conical dryer||1,000L||Glass lined|
|Conical dryer||1,000L||Stainless steel|
|Pulverizer||Jet mill||10kg/h||Stainless steel|
|Hammer mill||10-30kg/h||Stainless steel|
- Teflon® is a registered trademark of Du Pont in Japan and other countries.
- Hastelloy® is a registered trademark of Haynes International, Inc. in Japan and other countries.
- Comil® is a registered trademark of Quadro Engineering Corporation in Japan and other countries.
Contracting Manufacturing Process for Pharmaceuticals
- Ube Industries, Ltd.
- Pharmaceutical Div.,
- Pharmaceutical Marketing & Development Dept.
- Phone : +81(3)5419-6178
- Fax : +81(3)5419-6257
- Products Inquiry Form